Burning self-converted BD5, shows up as Data Disc on PS3 instead of AVCHD

Comedy

I have a couple of mkv movies one of which has a program 'mkv2bluray' with it to automatically convert it to a BD9 iso, the other one does not.

I ran the mkv2bluray on the one that came with it, burned the ISO and played it on my PS3. It recognised it as AVCHD and played the movie. For the other one I used tsMuxeR to convert the mkv to Blu-Ray file structure (after downsampling the audio to AC3 so it still fits a DVDR), I then used ImgBurn to burn the structure to a DVD5 with UDF 2.5 set. When I put the disc in the PS3 it just recognises it as a 'Data Disc' and i have to browse to the STREAM folder and play the m2ts.. problem here is I lose all my chapter info.

I've probably seen every guide online on how to burn these but I have to be doing something wrong. Here's everything that could help anyone give me some pointers:

Using ImgBurn 2.5.0.0

UDF 2.50 (I've done it also as ISO and changed to UDF when I get the 'It looks like you're making a Blu-Ray prompt)

Sony DVD-R 4.7 Media

Relly I'd normally avoid asking something that's been asked a thousand times already but I've read every answer I can find and I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. If anyone knows any nuances that exist while doing the mkv to BD5/9 thing then it would be great!

I used tsMuxeR to convert the mkv to Blu-Ray file structure (after downsampling the audio to AC3 so it still fits a DVDR)

Since ImgBurn doesn't change anything, that's where you should be looking. Have you tried Doom9's forum?

I used tsMuxeR to convert the mkv to Blu-Ray file structure (after downsampling the audio to AC3 so it still fits a DVDR)

Since ImgBurn doesn't change anything, that's where you should be looking. Have you tried Doom9's forum?

Thanks for the reply, I've been all over there for it already.

I thought it might be header information rather than just file structure that the PS3 (or any other blu-Ray player) uses to check if the Disc is Video or Data.. and I'd have thought ImgBurn handled that part. if you say such information doesn't exist then I'll look elsewhere.

Edited by Comedy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.