problem when trying to select a new image file to burn

bertos55

hey

i've discovered a bug or something wrong with the program

i had a portable hard drive hooked into my computer via USB cable, and in the past the drive registered as G: drive. for whatever reason now, my computer has listed it as F: drive. since this change happened, when i try to select a 'new image file to burn' with the imgburn program, an error message comes up repeatedly saying "There is no disk in the drive. Please inset a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.". the options are 'Cancel' 'Try Again' or 'Continue'

no matter what i press this message pops up again and does not allow me to select a file, as it cannot detect my hard drive. not really impressed this is happening. can't the program figure out to just default to "My computer" or something? it's a bit of a pain in the ass as i can't use the program to burn a new image at all.

i'll fiddle around with it and maybe change my hard drive's address to let the imgburn software work.

thought you'd like to know!

This is as much (if not more so) the OS's fault as it is ImgBurns.

The error is from the OS itself and obviously clicking cancel/continue or whatever should make it go away. The fact that it doesn't is purely down to the OS, I am at its mercy.

A workaround has already been put in place for the next version.

You should be able to clear the list of MRU files from the 'File' menu and then it should work ok.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.