Burning BD-R(E) DL video

jpsdr

Hello.

I've searched a little in the forum, but found nothing, i'll hope i'll not duplicate a question.

The guide only show about a single layer video Blu-Ray.

I've already successfuly burned single layer Blu-Ray i've authored. Now, i want to try the next step.

If i make/author a dual layer video Blu-Ray, how will ImgBurn handle the layer break ?

Is there like on DVD a menu/question asking where to place the layer break ?

For DVD, i've always the layer break proposed by ImgBurn be on the place i've set it on Scenarist.

I was wondering if it was the same thing for Blu-Ray ?

Thanks.

Well, the layer break position cannot be moved on 'normal' BD drives / media.

They're like DVD-R DL in that respect. (Fixed LB position - unless you take to using Layer Jump Recording)

If you're using an expensive authoring tool like scenarist, why don't you let it burn too?

ok, thanks for your information.

I'll try when i've received my order of BD-R DL and BD-RE DL, and when my video where finished encoded, probably not before this WE.

If i'm having trouble... i'll be back... :thumbup:

Unless some DVD version of Scenarist, from what i've seen on the version i have, it doesn't support burning on blu-ray recorder.

Edited by jpsdr

I've begin to make the author of my DL BR.

Scenarist give several possibility of wich file contain layer break information.

The default choice is (from memory from last evening) : BDMV\index.bdmv

Are you sure there is not any relevant information to use on it ?

Or do you already use it ?

I may insist, but having the feeling of having contradictory informations, i'm wondering...

Thanks.

I have no idea about BD Video specs and what (if anything) is supposed to go into any of the files to point out where the physical layer break is.

All I know is (to the best of my knowledge anyway) there's no way to move the physical layer break position on BD discs and you're supposed to treat double layer BD discs as larger single layer BD disc (i.e. forget the whole concept of layers).

So basically, it doesn't matter where scenarist flags it as being, it's only ever really going to be in one fixed position on the disc.

In my mind you shouldn't give any indication of the LB - exactly what you'd do when making a DVD with a seamless LB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.