Echo the view about Verbatim DL disks!

ishel

If you're reading this then you're probably someone that hasn't been clued in just yet as to how bad all the 'cheap' double layer discs are.

We see far too many people having problems with RITEK, CMC, RICOH media etc and I can assure you that it isn't just fluke when we suggest the user give Verbatims a try and their issues magically disappear!

You get what you pay for in this world and whilst Verbatims might cost you a couple of quid more to start with, you'll be saving in the long run because you won't end up with a stack of coasters!

Verbatim DVD+R DL discs are the way forward! (Please note that I said DVD+R DL and not DVD-R DL!!!!....

I have shed many tears over why my Pioneer DV-373 player (yes, not the newest or sharpest tool in the shed no doubt, but overall has been a good unit which I hope will last me till BluRay!) wouldn't play a DL disk I tried to use. (The disk played okay on the computer it was burned on though)

It turns out I got close to the solution, but not close enough - I was using Verbatim DVD-R DL :) Once I found LIGHTNING UK's post (only the beginning is quoted above, go to the whole post as it's very instructive) I, tentatively and without much expectation of success, splashed out on a single Verbatim +R disk... "can +R or -R really make much difference these days?", was my thought.

Well... you better believe it! Works perfectly every time. Burned the one just fine for playing on the Pioneer, and a whole bunch more since. So go out and invest in a stack of these babies, and burn with confidence! Oh, for safety's sake, stick to the suggestion to buy only disks made in Singapore - I didn't find any made elsewhere anyway, but these are the ones which worked for me.

Edited by ishel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.