burn failed on verification

mrheeley

Initially I tried burning one iso which was successful but the playback failed in a player on the first title so a second iso was made with DVD Flick after making changes to the menu.

After several attempts with different burning speeds, I am now getting an error on verification.

I have disconnected the internet and turned off security to enable uninterrupted processing as well.

Is the media suspect?

Your comments very much appreciated.

ImgBurn.log

_NEC_DVD_RW_ND-3550A_1.05_22-FEBRUARY-2010_20-15_MCC_03RG20_2x.ibg

Are they Verbatim branded discs? Have you tried discs from a 2nd spindle?

You can get a firmware update for your drive from here - http://www.firmwarehq.com/NEC/ND-3550A/files.html

You might like to try cleaning the drive with a cleaning disc.

THank you, I have done the firmware upload. THe discs are 16x certified Verbatim 'photo printable (white coated). I will burn another disc first before trying another spindle and report back tom you.

You can get a firmware update for your drive from here - http://www.firmwarehq.com/NEC/ND-3550A/files.html

THank you, I have done the firmware upload. THe discs are 16x certified Verbatim 'photo printable (white coated). I will burn another disc first before trying another spindle and report back tom you.

I have been able to complete a burned disk including validation,

log file:ImgBurn.log

_NEC_DVD_RW_ND-3550A_1.07_23-FEBRUARY-2010_22-04_MCC_03RG20_2x.ibg

However on playback on the computer I could not play the first title (1/2) as it jumped to play the second title (2/2).

If it burnt and verifed ok, it will play fine on that pc in that drive. (assuming random access doesn't find errors that sequential access had no problem with)

If it jumps to odd places then that could just be messed up navigation in general.

I do not understand what you are saying about random / sequential access but I will start again by re-encoding the avi files and see if I can get a better iso to burn. I will also try to raise this with the DVD Flick forum, thnak you for your assistance with the firmware.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.