Is it possible to set file splitting at 25GB?

hgy345

Hello people!

Is it possible to build iso files with file splitting larger than 4,7GB.

I am using imgburn to archive large folder structures in ISO files, and I would like to burn these ISO files to bluray..

Thanks in advance!

- Frederik

Splitting does not allow you to burn to mulitiple discs.

Ok, makes sense.

But then i want to burn iso files as data to the blurays, so larger than 4.7GB is still interesting, since im using the iso format as file container.

Simple reason for using ISO as file container is the insane amount of small files in the archived folder structures.

Thx for fast reply! keep up the good work dude! :D

Just so we're clear, splitting does not make lots of individual ISO files that you can on their own. Without the first section, the rest are useless as that's the only one with the file system information in it.

So if you try and archive (store as a file) a split ISO over lots of discs, you'd need to copy the ISO parts off ALL of the discs and use the MDS/DVD file to create (via a Virtual Drive) your single large ISO again.

Just so we're clear, splitting does not make lots of individual ISO files that you can on their own. Without the first section, the rest are useless as that's the only one with the file system information in it.

So if you try and archive (store as a file) a split ISO over lots of discs, you'd need to copy the ISO parts off ALL of the discs and use the MDS/DVD file to create (via a Virtual Drive) your single large ISO again.

Yep, alternatives like rar and tar and alike.. but _they_ want me to use ISO format (very long and detailed discussion)..

But the choice of format (ISO), the insane number of small files, scheduled checksum verification, lifespan of optical medias etc etc.. is why im looking into ISO and filesplitting when archiving to optical media, preferably bluray..

I've added options designed for DVD+R DL, BD-R and BD-R DL now.

They're calculated by taking the total amount of sectors on the given disc type and subtracting 6750 (which is the same way the 4.37GB DVD-R option works) - This allows for the file system overhead etc.

So the new sizes are 7.95GB, 23.3GB and 46.6GB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.