Why does it reset to DVD-ROM?

johnny87

Hi, I am sorry to open yet another topic about this booktype settings but I couldnot find the answer by searching and am helpless :( I have been using HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10A JL05 (ATA)for years with nero and burnt 1000s of DVD+R's with booktype DVD+R as well. I turned for imgburn now but after every disc I burn I see the setting for DVD+R is reset to DVD-ROM.

Also I go to settings and change it to "normal" for +R discs and it says success.

I start to burn the disc and realize the log says booktype is -ROM so disc is also burnt as DVD-ROM not +R even though I changed it to normal just seconds ago.

Excuse me again for this new and duplicate topic but am I doing something wrong here? I am grateful for any comments, thank you.

Is there an actual problem or do you just not want the booktype changed for your own reasons?

The one you're after is 'Auto 'Change Book Type'' in the Settings on the Write tab.

Nope there isn't a problem with that but I would rather keep the booktype of the disc otherwise I would have bought - type.

I guess most people are having problem the other way around so now I understand the reason of that setting.

and thanks that surely did it :) By the way I know you hear it a lot but thanks for making such a helpful program freeware

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.