Getting error

f1paul

I am getting an error while burning, the burn starts, gets to 64% and error window pops up(see attachment).

i am using verb DL and have tried renaming,going back to source of file and re-un raring it, burning that one,and nothing, is it my file, my settings,i can still burn other 360game files so its not my discs or layerbreak settings.

must be my file right, just looking for confirmation cause i cant visually see anything missing from this files folder.

thanks in advance paul

post-32760-126729418994.jpg

Looks as your C: disk has errors and the file you try to burn can't be read from the hard disk. Could be that the hard disk is near its death.

Run Windows disk control checking program or chkdsk and see what can be done.

Looks as your C: disk has errors and the file you try to burn can't be read from the hard disk. Could be that the hard disk is near its death.

Run Windows disk control checking program or chkdsk and see what can be done.

hard drive is new , have no problems burning anything else with img burn.movies,games etc.

And i tried chkdsk.

I goto start menu, search chkdsk, a program shows at top,i click on it, i can see an ms-dos screen(black) flicker on then instantly its gone, so it seems cant run it.

Go to the start menu and select the option Run...

Then write

cmd

in that row and now you should see a black window

type

chkdsk

to see if it finds anything.

The reason you don't have issues burning other stuff is that they are located on healthy sectors. Try just to go in to Windows Explorer and copy that .iso file to another place on your hard disk. My feeling is that you will get reading errors during that operation also.

Then write

cmd

type

chkdsk

The reason you don't have issues burning other stuff is that they are located on healthy sectors. Try just to go in to Windows Explorer and copy that .iso file to another place on your hard disk. My feeling is that you will get reading errors during that operation also.

my bad, had to right click and run as administrator to get chkdsk open, running now, what should i look for ?

or alternatively if i cant copy and paste the file to somewhere else will that also confirm what u are saying, bad sector on hd

Then write

cmd

type

chkdsk

my bad, had to right click and run as administrator to get chkdsk open, running now, what should i look for ?

or alternatively if i cant copy and paste the file to somewhere else will that also confirm what u are saying, bad sector on hd

chkdsk comes back ok, mind u , it turns off soon after completing but anywhere it says bad files it was always 0.

as in 0 bad files processed, so on.

I am using vista,i googled the appropriate page for vista.

gonna start check now, have to close all programs and windows.

i did not have any problem copy and pasting file to different location, actually its in three different locations on hard drive now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.