Multiple Burners, different content

CaptRR

Hell all,

I am hoping you can help me. I record baseball games and then sell them to the parents. Previous years, my workflow was like this. 1. Take mpeg2 file home 2. make a dvd iso image 3. Fulfill dvd orders from the iso file one at a time (using imgburn).

I want to do something different, I want to do everything on site, and with little human intervention. I have figured out how to automate the capture and creation of the dvdiso file. And getting the iso to disk is as simple as running a batch script to get imgburn to burn the iso file.

Now the problem. Time is of the essence, each baseball game consists of two dvd's. Using one dvd burner, takes 5 - 8 minutes a disk, so 10 - 16 min minimum for one game, and I usually like to lite scribe my disks, so they look good. What I want to do is throw multiple dvd burners at the problem. Perhaps as many as 4, I have already built the robot to change the disks, so thats not a problem, but even with SATA I am worried that the hard drive will not be able to keep up, perhaps a raid array?

Also I do not know what kind of issues imgburn will have running multiple instances of itself.

I am also considering throwing multiple computers at the problem, with a really fast network to distribute out the img files.

Any help in these matters, or thoughts would be helpful.

ImgBurn wasn't designed for simultaneously burning with multiple burners. Since time matters you'd be better off using a DVD duplication tower.

The duplication tower is a good idea, except I am burning different content for different people. i.e. One person may want one game, which required two different dvd's, and the other may want a different game which required 2 other dvds. So up to 4 different dvd's at a time.

I am thinking of using some cheap mini-itx boards, create a central server for all the iso's, and just before burning copy the image to the individual computers. I could also cache the iso's so the ones that are used most will not have to redownload, but I would at least like to get away with two drives a computer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.