HD Dvds burned with Imgburn stopping play halfway through

Man

Hi guys

after converting my Dvds to HD Dvd using MultiAVCHD and then burned

using Imgburn, the resulting HD Dvds and Double layer Dvds played on

my Toshiba HD Player, the resolution was fantastic but they only played

approx halfway, and then froze up the player, could this be a problem with

Imgburn or Multiavchd, when using other Dvd copies they all play right

through, which makes me think that its not a dodgy player.

Help would be appreciated.

Man (Wales)

Post the log of you burning and verifying such a disc please.

If it does that ok, then ImgBurn did its job.

Thanks for the quick reply Lightning,as I stated above, all my

converted dvds froze about halfway through the playing.

Now I've gone into the settings/build page and where it said

create image layout file, I changed this from Auto to No, now

whether this had any bearing on the way the disc was burned,

i don't know but, the next disc I burnt played right through,

and I'll try a few more before rushing out for more Dvd+Dl discs.

Do you think that the change I made would have this result.

Man (Wales)

That option made no difference.

If you use a decent drive/firmware/media combo, there's no reason for your player to have trouble reading the disc.

The only DL discs we recommend are those made by Verbatim.

Thanks Lightning, its all good advice, but since yesterday I've bravely gone where no man as gone before,

Went into settings/build page 1 and switched back to default settings for (Create layout image file) this

has a tick on Cue and Mds and button on Auto, proceeded to burn same HD Dvd on Dvd+Dl, burned ok, but on playing

halfway through, yes froze the player, I burned another 3 at same settings, with same result, player freezing up,

then went back into settings and Build page 1, and switched auto to No, burned another 3 discs and yes, all played

through to end.

Now the HD Dvd copies I tried onto HD Dvd blanks with the default settings at Auto also froze up on the first 8

discs out of 10 that I purchased to try and make some decent copies, so with the last two blank HD Dvds I went

into Settings/build page 1 and also ticked of Dvd as well as Cue and Mds and left the button on auto, bingo, the

first Copies on HD Dvd blanks that played right through to the end. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING DIFFERENT HAPPENING

WHEN i SWITCH THE SETTINGS?? But what it is I dont know, but everything is now working with the new settings

so thanks for your fast response Lightning.

Man (Wales)

All they do is tell the program to make the cue/mds files - and that happens AFTER the build.

If you're burning direct to disc, they do nothing at all as those options simply don't apply unless you're making an image file.

Do you actually verify your burns?

All they do is tell the program to make the cue/mds files - and that happens AFTER the build.

If you're burning direct to disc, they do nothing at all as those options simply don't apply unless you're making an image file.

Do you actually verify your burns?

I believe you mate, you know your the author, but put it this way, I've made more coasters

in a week than you can imagine, so I'll be sticking to them settings because they work for me

and whether they make no difference, I only get good results when I use them new settings.

Thanks for your help mate

Man (Wales)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.