Position of Layer Break?

royal

Hi,

I know this question has been probably asked a hundred times, but I am trying to choose an ideal Layer Break for this DVD and would like some feedback. Usually I just choose the break that is green, but in this case there are quite a few that are green. The DVD is 5.60gb in size, I was thinking maybe choosing VTS_05_0.IFO as it was lower down in the menu so less data would be on the second layer, not sure if that is the correct way to go about it. Then I did a search and read that 50/50 % is a better place to choose a break. so i'm guessing 71/29 is not a good break point. Then I read the lower the padding % the better, well for 50/50 it is around 452870, but for the 71/29 it is like 4 %. so which is better 50/50 and a higher padding, or 71/29 and a lower padding. Also I noticed when I chose the 50/50 the file size of the final .iso is now 6.46gb, adding nearly 1gb to the original filesize. is that good or bad? if i choose 71/29 is stays the same size at 5.60gb. I attached a screenshot. by the way this is a bonus disc and not a movie. I'm hoping I can understand which break to choose and why. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks

post-32962-126859288315.gif

I would select the VTS_03_0.IFO as it is between two title sets (VTS_02 and VTS_03) and you will never notice the layer break there. But the same goes for the rest of the 50/50 .bup/.ifo suggestions. It's only in the VTS where theare are cells you could possible notice the layer break if you select a suggestion that is between cell 1 and 2 in the posted image.

The extra 1GB is the padding and see it just as the use of empty space that you never would have used otherwise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.