Can't Find Dual Layer Break To Rip DVD

Andrew C

Hello

To back up DVDs; i have AnyDVD, and then rip to my hard drive with Imgburn, i then mount the ISO on Daemon Tools Lite, and then use DVD Rebuilder to compress the dvd for a single layer dvd, Rebuilder is set to Output to ISO, and i then burn the iso to disc with ImgBurn.

I have been doing this for a while and normally it works fine, though i have always had trouble with the Ghost Whisperer series, infact all the series up to series 3.

When DVD Rebuilder finished, and then Imgburn appeared to build the iso, it would ask me to set a layer break postion, which wasn't right as the iso shouldn't need a layer break.

But i found if i ran the file through VobBlanker, and then got DVD Rebuilder to compress the dvd, it turned out fine, VobBlanker just used to give me a list of errors.

But with Series 4 just out, i can't even rip the dvd, Imgburn says it can't find a dual layer break and dosn't recomend me to continue.

VobBlanker gives me a critical error, DVD Shrink gives me an error, i could download some other programs, but i feel i'll get the same problem.

And other dvds i am doing are working out fine.

The disc is new, no signs of scrathches, or fingerprints.

I did had trouble with the comedy series Scrubs, a while ago, but i was at least able to rip the dvd to my hard drive, it was the end product from Rebuilder that was too large, so i just copied the dvd onto some dual layer media.

But with this new problem, i can't even get the dvd onto my hard drive, to put on dual layer media ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.