Auto Play in 'real' DVD player

B1uejay

Hi,

As a forum novice, my first post!

I have read the guides and FAQ's and can't find an answer but I'm suspecting it's something trivial. I have 2.5.1.0 and if I make a DVD and put it in my Sony DVD player, it doesn't auto play. If I press play then it goes fine, and there's no other issues. Autoplay is fine on PC.

Media isn't an "approved" type listed here, but I have good results for PC-related disks I make, and coasters are very rare :) . I'm using AOne 8x single layer -R media.

I have a Pioneer DV112D and know it needs a firmware update, so I'll be trying that later, but is there a setting I've got wrong or checkbox I've missed?

Thanks!

Perhaps there is a setting in your player that enables the auto play or not.

Hi Cynthia,

No, there isn't such a setting. If I put the original disk in, it plays immediately. I didn't mention beofre, but it's something I decrypted.

TIA.

So I understand, but all I do is decrypt from commercial disk to ISO, then burn the ISO straight to the media as per guides...only 1 file is involved that I don't do anything else with.

Could the decryption process be what's doing it?

TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought you might have some ideas I could investigate, rather than a dismissive one-liner.

I appreciate the program is doing what it is supposed to, it's just me wondering why the original just plays in the CD player and the copy doesn't, it has to be started manually.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.