Logical Unit CRC Error (DMA)

izaven715

Hello forum,

Thank you for your time. Please don't tell me to search or link me to another thread. I already searched, but I have a specefic question. is this a one time error or will I get it again? I've already read other threads and solutions, but I'm confused because I never had this error before so some of the solutions that say change the wire or reinstall driver etc don't make sense? I tried to update my dvd rw drive firmware and windows said its up to date.

I have used imgburn for a long time and burned over 30 Verbatim dvd r dl's and never encountered this problem.

I use Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x

I burn at 2.4x speed

Failed to Read Sector 1592556 - Reason: Logical Unit Communication CRC Error (ULTRA-DMA/32)

I received this error when it was being verified... and I ended up clicking cancel after I got this error 2times. I tested the game and it works.

I dont know if this information is relevant but I have daemon tools virtual drive... although I've always had that and it never gave a problem.

My dvdrw drive is "I 09:37:21 -> Drive 2 - Info: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S 1.02 (D:) (ATA)"

Edited by izaven715

Get the 1.03 firmware update from here:

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Optiarc/AD-7240S/files.html

Windows doesn't check for firmware updates and the drives it can auto install are normally much older than the ones available on the manufacturers website. Do your own leg work.

Does it matter if the advice in the other threads doesn't make sense to you? Just do what's suggested and see if any of it fixes the issue for you.

At the very least you should follow the DMA related advice in the FAQ and uninstall the ide/ata/atapi controller entries in Device Manager.

Get the 1.03 firmware update from here:

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Optiarc/AD-7240S/files.html

Windows doesn't check for firmware updates and the drives it can auto install are normally much older than the ones available on the manufacturers website. Do your own leg work.

Does it matter if the advice in the other threads doesn't make sense to you? Just do what's suggested and see if any of it fixes the issue for you.

At the very least you should follow the DMA related advice in the FAQ and uninstall the ide/ata/atapi controller entries in Device Manager.

Well I read all the other threads and tried changing speed from 2.4x to 4x. I uninstalled those ide ata atapi controllers. I also updated firmware to 1.03. I still get the errors.

Im just wondering if the games are working, does it really matter? or will they crash in middle or something?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.