When should one use Test & When should one use Verify?

ilitws

Background

In ImgBurn 2.5.1 I gather:-

Test - It is a kind of "pretend burn" (it does everything but the laser does not get turned on). Doing it will tell you if your burn will be okay even before you actually start the burn

Verify - After you have burnt it tells you if the burn happened properly

So Test is "Before Burn" & Verify is "After Burn"

Query

In ImgBurn 2.5.1 under what situations is it appropriate to use Test & under what other situations is it appropriate to use Verify?

In Test Mode the burner performs everything but turning on the laser, so the disc isn't actually burned. It's useful for any situation where you want to simulate a burn but don't want to waste a disc, e.g. to test if your system can burn DVDs at 24x. Notice, though, that a successful test doesn't mean the real burn will be successful since a lot of things can change while doing a real burn.

As for the Verify, it compares data burned on the disc against the source image/files, and if you get read errors/miscompares then you know it's a bad burn.

Thanks for your kind reply. Understood the difference between Test & Verify You've mentioned - "Notice, though, that a successful test doesn't mean the real burn will be successful since a lot of things can change while doing a real burn". What sort of things can change? I ask this because even while doing Test I would be inserting the same DVD disc into my F drive which would be the same one to which I would do the burn if the Test proved to be a success.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.