Do I need a layer break ?

Bartounet

Hi,

I've searched this forum and others but didn't find a good response.

I know about single layer and dual layers video disks (DVD+R DL is what I'm using if needed, Verbatim, yeah, I did read the forum ...) :thumbup:

But I just want to create ISO files 'caus I can feed them to my TV without the need for burning them to a disk (network from media server). So basically I wouldn't have to worry about single or dual layer as my movies are never burnt to a DVD anyway.

That being said, if I only create ISO's to store on a server, why would I have to enter layer breaks ? Wouldn't it be simpler to just create a large ISO without any layer break info ? Yet when I try to create an ISO ImgBurn always insists on identifying a cell for layer break. Is there a way around that ? Should I only use UDF ? Or use ISO9660+UDF when creating those ISO's ?

TIA,

Bartounet

P.S.: Didn't include a log since I don't really have a 'problem', just a question :P

You should use the file system ImgBurn tells you to - i.e. ISO9660 + UDF.

If you just want to create a big ISO with no defined LB, you have to adjust the size of the single layer disc on the 'Media' tab so ImgBurn is tricked into thinking it's building an ISO for a (large) single layer disc.

Don't forget you've made the change though because it'll never work properly again (building DL images for DL discs) until you put it back to what it was on before!

You should use the file system ImgBurn tells you to - i.e. ISO9660 + UDF.

If you just want to create a big ISO with no defined LB, you have to adjust the size of the single layer disc on the 'Media' tab so ImgBurn is tricked into thinking it's building an ISO for a (large) single layer disc.

Thanks 'Lightning UK' ! This is just the simple yet effective answer I was looking for. And I will keep your warning in mind to remember I've made changes (or I won't be able to ever create DL images again).

Thanks again ! :D

Bart

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.