Errors When Writing a DL Disk

MCharlie

Sony DRU-720a

Memorex 8x DVD+R dl

Windows XP Pro, SP3

Burn speed: 2.5x

When I first start a DL burn, I get the following error:

W 08:02:09 Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed! - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

I clicked CONTINUE and it burned both layers just fine....Now, it is erroring out when it tries to close (finalize) the disk:

The error messages are:

W 08:46:45 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0%, 0/3) - Session Fixation Error

W 08:46:45 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Session Fixation Error

It has been retrying now for 30 minutes....Hate to lose the disk, these DL's are too expensive to waste.

Attached is the session log.

Any suggestions?

MC

(BTW...owners of this site: Might be helpfull if you had a forum topic area, doing nothing other than explaining error messages and perhaps their corrective proceedures. Do NOT allow posts in that topic error..owner or moderator access only. Thanks)

ImgBurn.log

I 07:59:55 Destination Device: [1:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-720A JY02 (E:) (ATA)

I 07:59:55 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Update your burner's firmware and try again. If it doesn't work then you should read this -> http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

OK...Updated burner image to latest. Burned the ISO again, using Verbatim diskDVD+Rdl. Same exact thing. (Log report was exactly the same as my log above except times were different.) Burned the image but wouldn't finalize the disk. Ran Sony's disk check software and nothing out of the ordinary was reported.

Anyone else using a Sony DRU-720a having any double sided burn issues?

MC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.