Can't install on Win 7 Ultimate x64

nikl

I rememeber having problems the very first time I tried using ImgBurn on Win7. Back than however I was able use it, only Build mode would give me errors.

After reinstalling windows, I can't get the programm to run anymore, I am getting the weirdest errors. I tried different compatibility settings and some times the application will start, but I it seems pretty random and there is no setting that work every time.

Here are the strange errors I am receiving:

("@FileNamdCannotCnntainAnxOfTheFollowingCh`racters")

Format '$s' invalid or incompatible with `rgument.

Drror re`ding Panel_ISOBTILD_TabRheet_Options$s->: Im`geIndex.

Hnternal Error: RyncHotKdyPositinn Failed ("B&reate DVD File..." <> "C&rdatd DVD File...").

Error reading Panel_ISOBUILD_TabSheet_Options->ImageIndex: Property Hm`geIndex does nnt exist.

Blass TTntGroupBnx nnt found.

Bonstant "LinimizeToSyrtemTray" nnt found.

This is my system:

Core i7-920

OCZ DDR3 133 (6gb)

GeForce 8800GTX

Win7 x64 Ultimate (german)

Edited by nikl

If it's not working then it's probably due to program corruption (memory corruption).

What memory ar you talking about here?

The computers RAM memory. Run a diagnostic program to check if they are ok.

I just noticed I named this topic 'can't install...' when I ment to write 'can't run...' - just to get this straight.

I removed 2 of my 3 dimms and ran imgburn. On firt launch nothing happened - no error, no imgburn running in taskmanager though. On second run, the application started. So I had to assume you were right about the ram and wanted to find out how many dimms are affected. So I tried the other two dimms each alone and got the old error messages again. Only to be sure, I tried the first dimm again, expecting the application ro run but suddenly I receive the strange error messages again.

I then tried different setups of the 3 dimms togeter in different slots. The results are .. well strange say the least: with only 1 dimm inserted, the application would sometimes run, but never 100%. I still receive the weird errors or classic programm shutdowns regularly. With two or more dimms inserted, I wasn't able to get the application running at all.

I then tried memtest and ran several passes with all my memory inserted. After many hours I still had 0 errors. I am pretty much clueless right now..

I knew my RAM isn't causing this - it is most likely a hardware / software conflict that only occurs with Win7. I don't know how I ever managed to get Win7 working, maybe I was lucky to install the one driver version that worked - I can't remember however which drivers I used back then and after several installs and setups with or without older or newest drivers I gave up.

So I switched back to XP x64 and ImgBurn ist working like a charm...

So, screw Windows7, I guess

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.