No Writers Detected?

Luuk

IMGBurn cant seem to find my writer?

I have always used this computer/writer for my burning.

I allready have reinstalled IMGBurn, down here is my log:

I 10:09:05 ImgBurn Version 2.5.1.0 started!

I 10:09:05 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 10:09:05 Total Physical Memory: 3.930.480 KB - Available: 2.757.096 KB

W 10:09:05 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 10:09:05 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:09:05 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:09:05 -> Drive 1 - Info: BKD BC9A389IV8LE 1.03 (E:) (SCSI)

I 10:09:05 Found 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!

I know in the log it says Found 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM only in the screen where I should be able to start the burning process I cant select a writer. Please help!

Open Device Manager and look for your burner under DVD/CD-ROM drives: if it has an exclamation point beside its name then there's some problem with it (double-click on it to see what Windows says about it). If it isn't there then you should look in your system's BIOS configuration and also inside the computer for loose SATA/IDE/power cables.

I think I know what the problem is. My drivers for my optical drive aren't up too date.

So, I want to download the new correct ones. The only problem is that I cant find out what kind of optical drive I have.

I have checked the Device Manager and the only thing I can find is :

BKD BC9A389IV8LE SCSI CdRom Device

Can someone tell me how the hell I can find out what type optical drive I have (brand, type etc), so I can download the drivers..

Optical drives, don't need drivers this days. Eventualy your drive needs a firmware update if there is one released.

You need drivers for the motherboard chipset and storage controller to wich your drive is connected.

Search on motherboard manufacturer site if you know the brand and model. This site may help you if you don't know the brand and model http://www.ma-config.com/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.