Problems creating a bootable disc

cpender

Hi, first post, I am new to the forum.

To explain my issue. I am working away from my office and I need to install Windows Server 2003 Web Edition on a Virtual Machine. Unfortunately I forgot the installation discs, but thankfully my boss had the foresight to copy the contents of the installation disc to the back-up server. So what I need to do is create a bootable CD with the contents of the installation CD that my boss saved to the hard-disk.

Now, I have followed the instructions given in this thread:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1779

But the part that I am confused about is where it asks you to select the bootable image. When I select this the explorer opens the I386 folder of the installation files and my options are BOOTFIX.BIN and SETUPLDR.BIN. Am I wrong to assume that they are bootable images? I tried using both of them but neither resulted in the disc being bootable from start-up. The BIOS is set-up correctly to boot from disc first because I tested it with an XP installation disc.

Any help or advance on this would be greatly appreciated.

I do not have the Log file because I am in my hotel bedroom typing this but I can post it tomorrow if you think it will be of any assistance.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.