Slow Burn Due To Flipflopping Buffers

fryerider

OK, this is my first attempt at using Imgburn. I have been a Nero user for years, but thought this looked as good and I have had problems with my Nero lately. My normal burn time for a DVD in Nero is about 15-20 minutes unless it's a bigger file set. The one I chose to burn is an old file that I was just using as a test for the first time through. I followed the guide, got it going and went to bed. This morning I woke up to a nicely finished disc, but was also greeted with the following in the log: I 02:41:29 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 01:17:29 I about fell over when I saw the time it had taken! The whole log file is attached, and it has repeated statements concerning the flipflopping my buffers were doing. This happened somewhat with Nero, but never to the level that it took this kind of time to burn a disc. I checked my DMA to make sure it was OK, and it showed it was. No PIO at all. So as an Imgburn newbie I'm hoping for some insight about this, and what I can to do improve the speed. The log is attached.

In advance, thanks for the help!

Fryerider

ImgBurn The Ride.log

If the source of the files isn't a USB external drive or a network drive then it's working in PIO mode. Have you read the 2nd post from the FAQ thread? Especially the line after the "Important" label?

If the source of the files isn't a USB external drive or a network drive then it's working in PIO mode. Have you read the 2nd post from the FAQ thread? Especially the line after the "Important" label?

These files are loaded on my hard drive, not a USB or network drive. So even though both my DVD drives (one writer and one read only) are showing DMA you think that the information is faulty and they are really PIO? Please check out the attached screen shot. I have had to delete drivers and reboot in the past when it shifted into PIO mode, but then it showed it was in PIO. Right now it's claiming to be DMA.

Would a PIO setting account for the drastic swings in my buffer usage?

Thanks,

Fryerider

post-35137-090577100 1281930284.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.