Confused

JA101

I have seen the guide on burning a Blu-ray drag/dropping the file structure from a HDD.

How do I get that file structure in the first place? The options all seem to burn an ISO to HDD from a disc. Do I just use normal windows copy from blu-ray player disc to the HDD?

Also I understand that ISO is just a container containing all the relevant files to be able to play a BD. If I burn a BD to HDD as an ISO and then burn that ISO back to a BD will the file structure now exist like the original BD? THis doesnt seem correct otherwise why have the guide as I mentioned at the top of the post?

The bottom line is I'm trying to copy my BD's to a HDD so that I can stream to a TV etc, but I would like the option of being able to re-copy back to a disc if need be, since HDD can get corrupted.

Edited by JA101

The ISO image is a copy of the source disc as it is, so it does have the same files/folders as the original disc, and it's already in the correct format for burning on BluRay media if you ever going to do it.

That guide you're referring to is for when you don't have the ISO image (e.g. you auhtored the bluray contents by yourself or changed it somehow from the contents of another BluRay).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.