failed to read sectors

asds

Hy! I have problems while creating image from disc.

I tryed to backup a ps2 game, and everything is fine till 90%. Then it says failed to read sectors. I tryed another game and the other one stuck at 35% same problem. All games are on verbatim DVD s, backuped from my friends games, he created thoses isos with img burn and burned, and he says he doesnt experienced any errors. And those games work. I thought maybe somethings wrong with my dvd rom,my friend tryed to create isos from the disks i tryed and everything worked fine. I just tryed to backup several games more and some work without problems... I mean how it comes that games from the same source,some work and some doesnt. Btw i have only a dvd rom QSV DVD-rom sdr-081 no writers,and my comp is pretty old. i just wonder maybe i need writers or a new dvd rom, or i can keep up with some software,drivers or other stuff. the problem is not in imgburn nor in those games,i just wonder why it cant read those damn sectors of several games. if there is any sofware that can help let me know.cleaning my dvd rom i think wont help cuz it reads several games.

W 21:09:31 Failed to Read Sector 815904 - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

W 21:09:33 Retrying (1 of 20)...

W 21:09:41 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

W 21:09:43 Retrying (2 of 20)...

W 21:09:50 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

W 21:09:52 Retrying (3 of 20)...

W 21:09:59 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

W 21:10:02 Retrying (4 of 20)...

W 21:10:09 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

W 21:10:11 Retrying (5 of 20)...

W 21:10:18 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

W 21:10:21 Retrying (6 of 20)...

W 21:10:28 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

W 21:10:30 Retrying (7 of 20)...

W 21:10:37 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

thanks in advance

Is it possible that IMGburn add some kind of protection to the burned DVD. I tryed to make an iso with IMG burn of a game i already had, and it worked. The I tryed to make again an ISO of that game I burned with IMG burn too.And guess what... Again the same unable to read sectors problem. How i gonna avoid this all iso makers dont work on that game...Any suggestions

If you get read errors when copying the original disc then it could be copy protection used by the manufacturer.

If you get read errors when copying a burned disc then it could be low quality media, a bad burn or a picky reader drive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.