Another crazy device buffer. Please help.

nickmo05

My problem starts like everyone else. Everything works fine than one day my device buffer goes crazy.It goes up to 100% for 1 sec than back down to 2%, which it stays at for the majority of the time. I'm trying to burn dual layered images. By the way, I'm using verb's. These are the things I tried.

1. I tried using clonecd. This worked for about a week. It would only go down to 2% occasionally but never took more than an hour until clonecd started doing the exact thing imgburn would do with the device buffer.

2. disk cleanup

3. disk defrag

4. Advanced system optimizer

5. checked latest firmware for drive and i'm up to date.

6. tried using on primary and secondary ide slots

7. checked if dma was on for the drive and it was. I have not tried reinstalling the ide controller drive yet but i will by the time you read this.

8. checked jumper settings and everything fine.

9. checked in bios if there was a dma option but there was not

10. I went into tools than options on imgburn. than i clicked on th "I/O" tab an checked the box that says something like "always use buffered I/O" or sumthing like that.

11. Install a new partition of windows xp and straight from start, problem exist.

N E Suggestions people? The log included was from a burn that did not complete but majority complete but take hourssss.

badburn.log

thanks for the fast reply. I have tried a new ide cable already. sorry i forgot to mention it. I have only tried cds until I get to the store to by some more dvdr's, but the cds burn completely fine at max speed. I will try running inside a linux distro first as I think that could narrow it down pretty good. Didn't think of that one. I will let you know results soon. Thanks.

Edited by nickmo05

I just tried a new partition of windows fully updated and still have same prob again. I tried using imgburn in ubuntu but my dvd drive never showed up. When I tried k3b my pc froze. not sure why. I will try in another pc though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.