capture problems

isis

hi!

well, I?m not sure if it?s apropriate to talk about this here or if some of you can help me with that,

i?m having problems trying to capture a video from my mini dv camcorder to my pc portable, i?m using "premiere" and "make movie (part of xp)" programs and with both the image is absolutely dropped - and i suspect that it must be some very stupid and easy thing to do/change....

p.s. it happens before with another pc portable and it works before very well with a mac portable (with the same camera) >_<

Capturing: from a ?mini dv digital v?deo camcorder PAL -Canon mv-20? to a ASUS Z92JC-Q318H T2300/1GB/80/15 using ?adobe premiere software?

Anyway I?m trying to get technical support from ASUS... but they?re very slow here

well I know this is not a v?deo forum... just in case some of you had this experience before

thanks

i assume you are connecting dv cam to laptop by firewire ? or are if not, what are you using ?

main problem with laptops is the hdd speed, its not uncommon for the hdd to be to slow for video capture , especially with Movie Maker ( i dont know about premier) . this ties in with why it worked on a mac machine before as well

im not saying this is the problem in your case, but it seems to be the most common one for video dropout and frames dropped

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.