Cannot burn mp3 files to cd that will play on mp3 enabled cd player.

Firefly

When I burn mp3 files to cd I can play the files on my computer or using my Philips DVP5990 DVD player (and a tv), but I cannot play them on my Onkyo DX-C390 mp3 capable CD changer. And, since I use the DX-C390, and not my computer or DVD player, to listen to music, this is an issue for me. At first I thought the problem might have something to do with the directory structure on the cd, but it turns out that I can't successfully burn Onkyo playable mp3 cds with all the mp3 files in the root of the cd. I've tried playing around with some of the burn parameters without success.

I am using ImgBurn 2.5.1.0 on Win7x64. I have recently migrated to Win7x64 (and a new box). Formerly, I was able to successfully burn mp3 cds, that would play on the Onkyo CD changer, using Nero and WinXp 32-bit. I was hoping to get away from the expensive and bloated Nero. ImgBurn looks good, but I really need it to burn Onkyo playable mp3 cds.

I've attached the log files of a couple of the burn attempts I've made, as well as a jpg image of the page of the Onkyo manual that shows the allowed mp3 parameters.

Hope someone can help.

imgburn_9-8-2010.log

post-35446-082615500 1283973909.jpg

Are you sure the Onkyo player can read the discs you're using - full stop?

Try burning at a slower speed - 16x.

Try getting some Taiyo Yuden CDs, they're the best by far.

There's a firmware update available for your drive here - http://www.firmwarehq.com/Samsung/SH-S223L/files.html

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by "full stop" but the Onkyo has played Ritek, Memorex, Magnavox, and some no-name stuff -- just about anything I've thrown at it. I doubt that disk quality is the issue. I'll try burning at a lower speed, but when I was using Nero I was burning at 40x; however, I was using an earlier model Samsung burner. Thanks for the firmware info; I may try that. If I come up with somethng that works, I'll post it.

Firefly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.