Burning

MPC

I am not very computer literate, so basically I made no changes with the original burn set up in Imgburn. The problem that I am having is getting the burner to list them as I originally had them before the burn. For some reason my computer, or the program, picks out the songs, or numbers in its own order. I've tried putting numbers as in 1,2,3, etc. before the titles of my list, before the burn is made. I've also tried putting A, B, C, also to no effect. Can you tell me if there is some system whereby I can arrange it as requested. I, unfortunately, can only afford to have the free version owing to a disability liability, and lack of fiscal means. Hence, I also don't know if there is the same possibility of a solution utilizing this format of the software. Can you please help me?

MPC.

Edited by MPC

Thanks a lot for your reply. It's so very good to be in the land of the educated, and me being an ole' fart of 39 and 5 sevenths, cos I like the number. However, I did it in "Build" Mode last time, and this time, it appears that this option is not opened to me, as it is "grey" in that area. There's obviously another area which I so far cannot locate. I hate to be a pain in the proverbial, but I have it all set up to go, and all I have to do is find the "Burn" button. Also, I only have 28 numbers listed, as they quite obviously worked the last time, but I also cannot seem to find the location of how much more room on the CD I have for use. Once again, there is obviously somewhere I can't locate this service in order to utilize it appropriately. Incidentally, I cannot use the old "copy", and "paste" method to send you the "Log File", as someone else suggested, but to all intents, and purposes, as you just gave me the remedy directly, it would seem that this is not needed? To emphasize my novitiate status in these situations, I had some trouble finding a way to reply to you, so in what may seem as a novel "jest statement," I first of all hope that you get this message. Once again, thank you, so far? I probably don't have to put this at the end of the message, but just in case. MPC.

If the big 'Build' button isn't enabled then it's probably because you don't have a disc in the drive.

If you're trying to burn an Audio CD that's playable in *all* CD players you're in the wrong 'Mode' anyway.

You should be following this guide:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

but I also cannot seem to find the location of how much more room on the CD I have for use

Put a disc in the drive, wait a little for the drive to sense the disc you use.

On the right part of the program switch to "Information" tab, there is a Calculator icon, click on it.

You can tick the "Auto" box if you want to activate automatic Calculate Image Size.

Again thank you for your response. {Barely had time to get out of the shower.} I used your link, and it worked perfectly, except for one minor problem. When I arrived at a combination of the "artist", and the "composer", for instance, it again forgot all the order in the original list before the burn, and regardless of the number it had associated with it, it placed these last on the CD. So if one of them was number 11, it finished up at, say, 27. Is there a way past this one. Also, again, how do I monitor my progress in so far as what the residual still is on the CD? Another what may seem like a small item to you regular members, is that I don't know how to bring up any next reply, whilst in the format of the forum, and consequently, so far have exited the net, and awaited a response in "Outlook Express." Can you help me still yet?

OK. Thanks again. Tried to get the percentage of the last CD, but for some reason it stopped at 12%. Maybe this was due to the fact that I did not save it to a "Log?" as I thought that you could pull it up anyway from the "Load Most Recent Project" operation. Have set the "Calculator" to "Auto," so all I'm wondering now is, is there a solution for mixed titles, such as above-mentioned as in "artist," and "composer," so as to retain all the numbers in the original order?

Edited by MPC

Sorry, you used MY link?

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

^^ that one?

It can't possibly have got the order wrong, you have complete control over it. (You move tracks up and down in playing order using the arrows on the right)

Once you've chosen the order and saved the CUE file, the order is set in stone (unless you manually edit the CUE file).

If the burnt discs plays tracks that are out of order compared to how you arranged them in the 'Create CUE File' window, your playback device is probably in 'Shuffle' / 'Random' mode or something!

OK. I have so far only used the straight "Browse for a Source File," as I have no idea what a "CUE file" is, and didn't wish to chance my luck. I've just had a look at it, and it seems to be viable for even me. However, although I had all the numbers in the appropriate order, I didn't save them for the reason that I mentioned in my last "note." I'll now retry the same list of numbers in the Create CUE File, with the "Auto Calculator" switched to "On', and see what result I obtain. Will get back to you regardless. Thank you again. {P.S. This is nothing new for me. I've always had these problems through out my life with anything mechanical, electrical, or electronic.. The technicians usually finished up with saying that: 1. He has never seen this problem before. 2. He doesn't know how it could have occurred. 3. He quite often can't fix it. [You're probably saying right now, "I wonder why," but they all assured me that it wasn't my fault.]}

Calculator has nothing to do with the CUE thing, it's purely for Build mode. The CUE thing shows you a % bar of how much you've used out of your 80 mins that fit on a CD.

You can't really order files when you burn in Build mode (which will be making an MP3 data disc btw - NOT playable in all players) - or at least not within ImgBurn itself.

The order comes from however the playback device likes to work. Using 01, 02, 03 etc at the start of the names *should* do it but you never know!

OK. I tried the Project in the manner mentioned in my previous notes, viz. Create Cue File, etc. I received:

1. A notice of "no combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection. You may need to install 'DirectShow filters' to support this type of file." I guess that this sometimes is the way, when you download a number off the net.

2. Cue file was successfully created. Project file was successfully loaded, and saved.

3. The Project brought up the first "song," and said it was a "non existent file folder. Operation failed."

4. It then repeated itself again, and said, "Operation failed."

I am going to attempt it again, and will await any response from you, in my "Outlook Express," if you have any knowledge of why I would receive these statements, as I still haven't found a method by which to send a reply from the forum status. It keeps saying at the top of the page, that I am not permitted to do this at this location.

Well, I guess that if I was going to receive any further informative, knowledgeable, and/or willing assistance, it would have occurred by now. I also have had no fortune in locating the production company's Technical Assistance address, but that may have something to do with only having a free copy of their product.

I feel that I should have been permitted a certain amount of leeway, iterating that I am only a novice in this area, and was granted as much by the people who were kind enough to persist with their assistance, though 'titles' have always seemed rather vacuous to me.

I wish to thank each one of them for those same assiduous efforts, and wish them a great life, as it's just slightly longer than a great day.

I would heartily recommend to my friends colleagues, and associates, the generous assistance which I received from the forum, but it would tend to seem just a tad bit ludicrous, if I can't recommend the product itself, as I cannot as yet operate it in a fashion that engenders capability to the standard that I require. I guess also then, that I must pursue other areas of expertise in this matter, accordingly. Once again, I sincerely thank those who stepped forward.

MPC.

I also have had no fortune in locating the production company's Technical Assistance address, but that may have something to do with only having a free copy of their product.

What company are you talking about and what free copy of the program?

ImgBurn (if you are talking about it) is a free to use program developed by LIGHTNING UK! and he replyed himself to your other thread.

You can find more contact info on About tab at Help menu of the program.

Read the Guides especialy the Pinned ones and if you can't manage come here and discribe in detail what you want to do, what you did and where you are stuck...

Someone will help you, if it knows, just give some time...

Well, I guess that if I was going to receive any further informative, knowledgeable, and/or willing assistance, it would have occurred by now.

I do have to sleep sometimes you know. :)

Not everyone in the world is on the same timezone and I'm clearly not on yours.

You can't ignore the DirectShow errors, they mean your files weren't decoded properly.

What you should have done is copied + pasted all the info from the log window so we could see what went wrong and tell you how to fix it.

Notice that's what it tells you to do in the pink box up the top - :chair:

The Audio CD guide I linked you to tells you which filters you need to install for the different files, all that info is right down the bottom.

Of course if you have no idea about even the most basic things, I can see why that might confuse you. No offence.

I'm aware of the time zones, and your location. I'm assuming that you don't have assistants with your program, and that the members of the forum, more, or less, to an extent, take up this occupation, and also note that some of them are in different time zones to yourself.

Suffice to say that I have found alternative software which gives me all that I require, and asked for in my 'Posts," and it gives this service without any of the requisites that you mentioned in "your" last "post."

Obviously this was that for which I was looking in the first place, so again, thank you, and the members of the forum, {Particularly ianymaty.} who responded to my requests. Fare well. MPC

ImgBurn is not 'newbie' software. Never was, never will be.

You are so right.

I can't number how many times do instal ImgBurn on friends computers, show them how to use it and they say "Oh, it's that simple?".

When I visit them again, there's no trace of ImgBurn, instead they instal Ner0 Essentials that comes with their drive. When I ask them about, they say "I'm not familiar and I don't know how to use it".

How did they learn to use Ner0, can't they learn to use ImgBurn? I even put the language they know, with Ner0 isn't an option. I'm stunned.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.