Strange Days

Arden

I'm brand new with this program which came very highly recommended from a number of friends. I tried burning a DVD copy of a rented movie today. I used DVD Shrink to compress the video to fit the single layer disc. I used the build then write format and the burn process was stopped due to a seek error (see attached log). So then I used "fixvts" to check each of the VOB files created by DVD Shrink. After that was finished, I used IMGBURN to attempt burning a copy. Same error, same result! But, the single layer Sony disc I used appears to be fine (I haven't checked every minute of the movie, but I did skip ahead on chapters, and it looks and sounds fine). Is this a strange days coincidence or am I just a newbie who is confused?

ADDED: O.K., the movie does freeze up and will not play from that point. So, I thought the disc was O.K. even though I could not understand how it would be when the write program did not successfuly complete. So, any ideas on a process that might work with a copyright block problem? I'm assuming encryption must be the problem!

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Arden

Thanks, Cynthia for the ideas. You seem pretty sure the drive or media is the problem. I've felt that the decryption software just wasn't doing the job. In fact, I just tried using "fixvts" directly on the source movie disc, then "DVD SHRINK" to create an ISO image, then "IMGBURN" two write the ISO to disc (Sony 4.7 single layer 1 to 16x). Every single attempt I have made to copy this DVD Movie has failed with the same message "failure to seek 451392 and 451393 sectors in the 2.1 VOB. So, I kind of assumed a duplicate file, a bad file, or something was used in copyright protection and the decryption methods I'm using are not working. However, you are far better equipped than I to diagnose the problem and you do have the logs to support your opinion. I'm going to try to attach the latest log file to this reply. It will look very similar to the others, but might give you even more information since this effort was done using the steps outlined above and writing from an ISO image file instead of a Video_TS folder. Let me know if you have any additional thoughts on this problem. Meanwhile, I'm going to checkout the firmware link you sent and I might just try a burn at 4x. Well, I could not figure out how to attach the latest log to this reply. Sorry!

UPDATE: 10:32 A.M. PST Well, after flashing the NEC RW 3450 drive to 103c and setting the burn speed to 4x, I finally

was able to get a successful burn! I'm still not happy with the ability of DVD SHRINK to properly decrypt, but I

am happy, so far, with the potential for IMGBURN. I'll have to keep reading on the internet and find out what the

best combination of software programs for me is. I'm going to add a Pioneer BD205BK drive to my system and that

should give me the best possible hardware for future burn efforts! Today is Saturday, 10/2/2020. Thanks, again!

Edited by Arden

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.