how to copy a movie DVD

sys-eng

I followed the directions in the "How to copy a disc using ImgBurn" guide but ended up with a DVD copy that would not play in my DVD player connected to my television. I have done this several times following directions on the web for this procedure but now have a lot of DVD's that play on my computers but not any of my 3 DVD players connected to televsions. I have absolutely no desire to watch a movie on my relatively small 22" computer screen.

I do have the legal orignal DVD's and need to make copies of them because their delicate disks get scratched by the kids.

Read the pink box up the top please :chair:

I did not find anything in FAQ addressing this issue. The forum search engine is rather handicapped because it dos not allow 3-letter words such as DVD. I did follow the directions in the post below last night but it did not produce a DVD that would play on a television. Since I was able to read the ISO from the disk and save it to the hard drive, I assume it was not protected. I wrote the ISO image to a blank DVD and that will not play except on a computer.

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

Thanks

Im new to this program, i download imgburn is thier any other progran i need to in install. when copying advd movie to a blank dvd., is there a place i can go and step bystep guide, i wes looking at imgburn ,read write build which one do i do first

thanks

dj405

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:19 PM

ImgBurn is a burning application and only that. It does not copy protected DVDs. Google for help on that.

However, it can copy unprotected DVDs - use read mode followed by write mode.

If you have a set of (unprotected) IFO/BUP/VOB files, you can use Build mode. See the guides.

Regards

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5643&st=0&p=59568&hl=+copying%20+movie&fromsearch=1entry59568

You missed the entire point of the :chair: emoticon.

Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

There are 2 ways you can search the forum... via the forum's own search and via the 'Google Custom Search' (located just to the left of it in the top bar).

If you used Read mode and the program didn't tell you the disc was copy protected, it should have worked just fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.