Burned DVD will play in DVD player

danimal

Hi,

I have been using DVD Flick to successfully make many DVDs from AVI files and they always work on my DVD player. For the first time I am trying to burn a VIDEO_TS folder with, VOB, IFO, and BUP files. I followed the guide to make the DVD and it completed and plays in my computer but will not work in my DVD player. I have burned about 7 DVDs with different options and no luck. Is there something simple I am missing? I prefer not to do a bunch of file conversions and I want it to play like normal with all the menus intact. The files I have in the VIDEO_TS folder are standard video files. I know my media and burner are compatible because it works with DVD Flick every time. Thanks much. Log file attached

ImgBurn.log

It should be stated in the players manual.

What would I be looking for in the players manual?...All I am doing is playing a DVD.

Since I can burn a DVD and play it successfully with DVD Flick..doesn't that rule out compatability issues?

The files I am trying to get on the DVD are standard files meant to be on a DVD and play in a DVD player...

There's PAL and there's NTSC.

Maybe your player doesn't support PAL.

PAL is typically for Europe, NTSC is for America.

DUH!....Now I get it ....

I was just about ready to give up on this...burning all my media unsuccessfully...

I knew PAL was for Euorope and other places and U.S. was NTSC....

Does imgburn make DVDs in PAL only or is there a setting to change to NTSC?

Will look when I get home...

THANKS!

ImgBurn doesn't make DVDs in any format, that's not its job.

The files themselves are in PAL / NTSC format.

ImgBurn burns as-is, so what they were before burning is what they'll be on the disc after burning.

You can probably Google for how to convert between the two but it's much easier to just get the right format in the first place.

ImgBurn doesn't make DVDs in any format, that's not its job.

The files themselves are in PAL / NTSC format.

ImgBurn burns as-is, so what they were before burning is what they'll be on the disc after burning.

You can probably Google for how to convert between the two but it's much easier to just get the right format in the first place.

Got it all figured out now...It finally all clicked and fell in place...

Funny how it all makes sense when you know the answer...

Works in my Computer DVD player because it supports PAL..doesn't work in my stand alone DVD player because it does not...Source media is coded in PAL....Funnny becuase I saw PAL go by a bunch of times in log file but it did not click...

Simple problem...

Thanks for help and helping it all make sense....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.