Using Ripit4me

Mr.X

Hello all. This is my first trip into the IPBoard, but not my first forum membership. Glad to be here.

Another user here, had mentioned that he used the same combination of programs that I do. i.e. Ripit4me, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and Nero. I wanted to find the same answer he was looking for but perhaps he didn't ask it in the best way. Hopefully I will clarify that question. I wanted to reply in the same thread, but that was not available.

Many of you may know "Ripit4me". It hasn't been around for quite a while but it is very handy, as it takes care of the process of copying a DVD. Sort of a 'do it for me', utility. I picked up version 1.7.1.0, only a couple of days before the Ripit4me site went down, never to return. At least in that form. So to my knowledge, it was the last version available. Unless Ripit4me went back into production somewhere.

Basically you start Ripit4me chewing on your DVD and it works on it for a while and passes it along to DVD Decrypter and subsequently to DVD Shrink. I am hoping that Ripit4me can make use of "ImgBurn" in the same way it that did "DVD Decrypter" and then continue the process. Otherwise I might need to consider doing the whole process manually. (shudder)

I read in here, that ImgBurn is the replacement for DVD Decrypter. I guess that just how precisely ImgBurn replaces DVD Decrypter will be the deciding factor. With regards to the data that Ripit4me passes on to ImgBurn and what data ImgBurn and/or Ripit4me passes on to DVD Shrink.

I am comfortable using DVD Decrypter for the most part, but I have had a couple of problems lately, backing up some of the DVDs in my collection.

Sorry for being so wordy, but I wanted to make it as clear as possible, just what I wanted to accomplish. If at all possible. I appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance. :o)

Mr.X

We can't offer any help at all.

ImgBurn is a burning program, nothing more, nothing less.

By 'burning' I mean that it burns cd/dvd/bd etc.

It has nothing to do with decrypting DVDs and we don't talk about that stuff here at all.

Oops! So very sorry. I evidently was mistaken, when I read that Imgburn was the replacement for Decrypter. My bad. I stand corrected.

We can't offer any help at all.

ImgBurn is a burning program, nothing more, nothing less.

By 'burning' I mean that it burns cd/dvd/bd etc.

It has nothing to do with decrypting DVDs and we don't talk about that stuff here at all.

Oops! So very sorry. I evidently was mistaken, when I read that Imgburn was the replacement for Decrypter. My bad. I stand corrected.

F.Y.I. I found the site where I saw the info about Imgburn. Take a look at the top paragraph and you will see what I saw. The page must be in error, I guess, but it is what lead me here.

Here is the link.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/imgburn.php

Regards

Mr.X

Due to issues, the developer had to ditch it, but the burn part of it was kept and developed further in today's ImgBurn.

I appreciate the response and the information. I will drop the topic, for obvious reasons.

Thank you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.