BluRay Burning - Write Speed Miscompare!

-Jim-

Folks,

First of all thanks for the Program. I finally moved off of Nero as it got far too bloated => like my previous standard Roxio did some years before.

I'm relatively new to ImgBurn but not a complete novice. I stumbled across ImgBurn when investigating how to back up my BluRay Movies onto BD-Rs, so I wouldn't have to worry about them getting damaged at the Cabin when the kids use them. I found ClownBD, a useful interface (program) that does back up BluRay movies using ImgBurn(but unfortunately lacks the ability to keep the Menus.) I used a previous version of ImgBrn when doing that some months ago which worked flawlessly to Burn my Verbatim LTH BD-Rs at 10X, but now have installed Version 2.5.2.0. which I can't get it to burn above the nominally rated 2X. (I've tried on 3 disks. I modified Automatic Speed Write. But it's still a 80 minute cycle to Burn / Verify a Data disk. (I'm backing up my Tunes in case of a Hard Drive Failure.)

The Destination Device is my HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 with Firmware 1.00. (I know there is some 1.00-06 and 1.00-07 firmware out there, but I can't find it on an "official" LG Site so I'm hesitant to install them. I know, don't be so paranoid...)

W 08:57:38 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 44,956 KB/s (10x), Got: 8,991 KB/s (2x)

My Box has enough horsepower (Quad Intel Processor, 4 Gigs Ram, etc.,) and it Burned at 10X in an earlier version of ImgBurn so I'm thinking there must a setting I'm missing of a ?

Please advise if you can help out. (I upped my Log File.)

Thanks for the assist.

Regards,

Jim

ImgBurn.log

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.