New to ImgBurn - Where is the setting to automatically label the destination ISO based on source folder name?

mkanet

ImgBurn has a lot of settings! But for the most simple option, I can't figure out how to get ImgBurn to automatically label the name of the ISO based on the source folder name. Am I missing something? Im guessing the option is worded in a way I dont recognize. I would be very surprised if there is absolutely no option for this. But, I guess it is possible. :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you mean it's not possible to add such an option because of coding limitations? Or, there is no setting for this currently?

If it is possible, how do I ask to get this feature added?

Thanks,

MKA

Not possible. :|

There's no decent time to automatically set it to anything.

If you leave it blank, when you hit the 'Build' button it'll prompt you for a name.

Currently, that will use the volume label to generate the name of the ISO.

I've just tweaked it so it'll use the (1st) folder name (as a fallback to using the volume label) from the 'Source' box in the same way it does when generating the volume label if you leave that blank.

Currently, that will use the volume label to generate the name of the ISO.

I've just tweaked it so it'll use the (1st) folder name (as a fallback to using the volume label) from the 'Source' box in the same way it does when generating the volume label if you leave that blank.

So after this new "tweaking" and if I have a folder named "Minnie Mouse" (and it contains a VIDEO_TS folder) - will it now suggest a "saving name" in the Destination save box/window that pop ups when I leave the Destination "naming of the iso row" empty and press "the build icon"?

Currently the the Destination save box/window is always empty, like this one.

post-20-018258500 1287926123.png

Spara som = Save as

Filnamn = File name

:)

If you fill out the volume label fields (on the 'Labels' tab), it should already populate the 'File Name' box in the save dialog with the same name (+ the '.iso' extension).

I'm the lazy one, so I always edit that field after I've pressed the Build icon and when the program suggests it for me and that label window shows up first after I've press the Build icon. :|

post-20-071860300 1287927497.png

Perhaps if you add a folder that contains a DVD Movie / Blu ray compliant structure it could be showed a name in that box at an earlier stage or have some type of icon that fills the rows based on the folder/files you have added in such a case? But the current new tweaking is enough for me. :)

post-20-003973400 1287927753.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.