Help for people haviing I/O write error imgburn

Tauro

As many others have, I have had many problems with burning my Xbox360 games. I did all my research and pretty much knew exactly what i was doing. It was just putting it into motion now. I had TDK ritek disks, set burn speed to 2.4x and hit burn. First problem: Write speed mismatch, the write speed was reset to 4x. Still havent been able to fix this but no need to. 2 games burned fine, but the next 8 discs...... WASTED!! I/O write error!! I tried Clone DVD...... same problem. I tried everything, so much frustration. I noticed when using Clone DVD it did write at my specified 2.4x, but also noticed, it didnt write as much information on the disk before having the write media error. So just for curiosity i went back to ImageBurn and set burn speed to 6x...... A COMPLETE SUCCESS!!! I know there is much contraversy about burning ur games at higher end speeds and this may be true at speeds faster than 6x, but i have burned many games since at 6x and even finished some of them and have had no problems what so ever. Later my usual shop only had verbatim disks, so i had to fork out the extra cash in desperation to play my eagerly awaited game ready for action. On the cover it specifically says 2.4x DVD+R DL. Got me thinking...... so i tried burning a verbatim disk at a slower speed. Also..... SUCCESS!!! I have searched everywhere on the net and could not find this information anywhere. So many people are having this problem and everyone tells you not to burn faster than 2.4x. Its drilled into ur head that the games will have problems and freeze up on you if you burn at faster speeds so no one obviously would try it. Like i said I tried EVERYTHING with no success and this works flawlessly for me everytime. I hope this works for everyone who have tried everything but have not tried this.........

GOOD LUCK!!

This is nothing new.

We always tell people to try all the supported write speeds.

If your drive lists 4x as the first one, it's impossible to burn at 2.4x - regardless of what 'CloneDVD' may or may not be telling you.

That's the idea of the 'mismatch' warning in ImgBurn. It shows you right at the start that your chosen speed isn't supported and shows you what the drive has decided to use instead. This 'limitation' is built into the firmware, no software can get around it.

Oh. I have read many forums so why dont more people know this then?? With my LG drive i have to burn my RITEK discs at 6x and VERBATIM disks at 4x. With the verbatim it wont even write at 6x. Why does every site tell us to burn at 2.4x only then? This is causing errors. I haven't found anything about this on any forum...... Thankyou

Edited by Tauro

Because once upon a time, that info may have been true.

Drives and discs move on and now it's not true... but what people remember and keep saying hasn't changed. Most of the people that regurgitate that 'always burn at 2.4x' info probably haven't a clue why they're saying it.

All you need to do is find the best speed for your drive/firmware/media combo - and they're all different.

If you get a better quality burn at 4x than you do at 2.4x, obviously you should use 4x. Slower doesn't always equal better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.