Now you see it, now you don't !

Boglesnurf

Hi Folks

ImgBurn newbie here. Downloaded & ran latest version and produced one disc perfectly... once. Tried to do so a second time, and when I clicked on the "Show Disc Layout Editor" button, something swoops up from the taskbar area, expanding to the screen perimeter, then disappears, leaving the small ImgBurn window on the desktop background. Process doesn't show in Task Manager (not seperately, anyway). Also doesn't show when cycling tasks using ALT + TAB. Giving up in frustration and clicking on the close box, Disk Layout Editor becomes momentarily visible as it goes 'down the drain', so to speak. Wasn't able to turn up anything similar on the forum (probably not using good search terms....)

Any ideas? I'm fresh out !!

You could reset the size of it by closing ImgBurn, opening RegEdit (via the 'Run' command) and navigating to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ImgBurn.

Then, delete the entries that start with 'DiscLayoutEditorWindow....'.

Now run it again and it should be back to normal.

Do you have any non standard sizes set in Window? i.e. larger font size (DPI) etc?

You could reset the size of it by closing ImgBurn, opening RegEdit (via the 'Run' command) and navigating to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ImgBurn.

Then, delete the entries that start with 'DiscLayoutEditorWindow....'.

Now run it again and it should be back to normal.

Do you have any non standard sizes set in Window? i.e. larger font size (DPI) etc?

[/quote

Thanks for the answers. I may well have a weird screen resolution, as it is a widescreen 17" laptop. However, when it ran, and again when it failed, the resolution was unchanged; whatever resolution I'm running has remained unchanged since I opened the box. I doubt that's the cause.

Followed your regedit suggestion: BINGO !! Fixed. If the disappearing act continues, I guess I'll be back looking for a more permanent (less inelegant :) ) solution ! Many thanks !

Karl

Does it vanish if you hit the minimise button? Are you able to restore the window from that state?

It shouldn't be possible for it to totally vanish as the co-ordinates/size of the window are checked against those of the screen (desktop area) and corrected if they're out of bounds.

Someone reported a similar issue with the log window vanishing the other day but that was because the minimised window - put at the bottom of the screen just above the task bar - wasn't visible on their screen.

Adjusting the font size (DPI) fixed it. I believe they had it on 150% originally. I have no control over where the minimised window goes (Windows controls it) so there's nothing I could/can do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.