ID CRC or ECC Error

BiBa

I've made a lot of copies voor de XBOX 360 and for the Sims 3 I get a error which I never had before.

I use Verbatim 8x DVD-DL's. I use the same burner, I checked with ABXG so I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I've spent multiple DVD's but all with the same result, I get an error and the XBOX won't recognize the DVD

Here is my log:sims 3 log.txt

Does somebody have a suggestion?

Cleaning the burner didn't work. I'm now getting a new error: Focus servo Error

sims 3 new log.log

So it almost have to be my burner. The weird thing is i have burned dozens of games with the same setup, burner and verbatim disc en i didn't have problems before. I've also burned Fable and this went fine...

I 12:52:42 Destination Device: [1:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S 1.60 (E:) (ATA)

I 12:52:42 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 2,4x)

Are you sure that you allways used the 8x media and not the 2.4x MKM-001-00 ?

Your drive is old and claims it can write that media only at 2.4x, even if the media is 8x rated. Try to find 2.4x media MKM-001-00.

No offence but do a research and you will find that the quality of your burner is written in his name. MatSHITa.

Laptop burners are rubbish in general. Get yourself a normal size one (not slim) in an external enclosure.

I 12:52:42 Destination Device: [1:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S 1.60 (E:) (ATA)

I 12:52:42 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 2,4x)

Are you sure that you allways used the 8x media and not the 2.4x MKM-001-00 ?

Your drive is old and claims it can write that media only at 2.4x, even if the media is 8x rated. Try to find 2.4x media MKM-001-00.

No offence but do a research and you will find that the quality of your burner is written in his name. MatSHITa.

Laptop burners are rubbish in general. Get yourself a normal size one (not slim) in an external enclosure.

The only DL's I could ever find en used where the 8x, but I always can burn only at 2.4x.

I know I have a real bad qualityburner but i don't have the money for a proper external replacement.

When time comes and you lose some discs because your burner can't burn them properly you draw a line and put in balance.

A drive + external enclosure is about as same price as 2x25 Verbatim DVD+DL 8x (depends on where you buy them).

Let's say: 1 pack = burner and 1 pack = enclosure.

Are you going to lose more discs or get a proper drive?

The ball is on your side of field. :)

I thought a proper burner costs € 50,- or more, but if search a second ago and I found one (LG External DVD±R Burnerr 20x USB 2.0 SATA/IDE GE20NU11) for 35,-. So it may indeed be better to spend some money instead of waist money by throwing discs away;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.