Successful burn and verify but computer sees no content on DVD

Dilip

I'm running imgburn 2.5.2.0 on Windows 7 64-bit, and have a Lightscribe CD/DVD burner. I had over 4.7 GB of pictures to backup, so created 3 folders so that each would fit on one DVD and used imgburn to burn (write files and folders to DVD) and verify each of the 3 DVDs (just. It all came back successful, but when I put any of the DVDs in, the computer doesn't recognize that there is any content there at all. How can I debug this situation and find out what's wrong? Thanks.

Sure thing. Here is the log.

Interesting new news - I can read the contents just fine when I put one of the DVDs in a Mac laptop ... my Win 7 computer is fairly new, but I've not had problems reading other DVDs. These may, however, be the first DVDs I have written on this machine.

Update drive's firmware http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS424%2BY/files.html

I 05:23:32 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 18x, 20x)

I 05:23:32 Write Speed: MAX

Try burn at a lower speed rather than leave it to MAX

Thanks. Given that the disc I tried worked on another machine, are the DVDs okay or should I re-burn?

If it can be read easily on other computers than I think is not a problem the disc itself.

It's funny though that the burner can't see what itself put on that disc and verified as OK.

Go to Tools/Filter Driver Load Order... copy to clipboard and paste here.

If it can be read easily on other computers than I think is not a problem the disc itself.

It's funny though that the burner can't see what itself put on that disc and verified as OK.

Go to Tools/Filter Driver Load Order... copy to clipboard and paste here.

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.2.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]

Upper Class Filter: [None Found]

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Looks great. I'm out of options now.

Okay - I rebooted and things are better. I can see the files. But on the first DVD anyway, I see in Windows Explorer "Files Currently on the Disc (1)", with the right content, but also a section "Files Ready to be Written to the Disc (1)" with desktop.ini from Oct. 4. I've not seen this before - what does this mean? I thought that the DVDs were finalized by imgburn. Thanks.

If you talk about the task pane of Windows Explorer on left that has nothing to do with ImgBurn, it's Windows behaviour.

You probably draged that file on drive and Windows wants to burn it to disc, that's how you burn files from Windows Explorer using Windows built in burning engine.

ImgBurn always finalize discs regardles.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.