Invalid Command Operation

gamecockks

I have been trying to use imgburn in conjunction with dvdfab. i have tried it both in the software and alone...i still get the below error.

I/O Error

Device: [0.0.0] PLEXTOR BDDVDR PX-B310U 1.07 (F USB

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDDB: AA 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 40 00

Interpretation Write (12) - Sectors 0-31

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Invalid Command Operation Code

What's going on? This is a mess trying to burn a blu ray.

also... when i try using VSO software included in dvdfab, i get the "media inserted in drive F is not writable. please insert blank or erasable media." file is 21 G so there should be no need for dual layer blu ray dvd. what's going on? help.

Also... Using blank Verbatim BD-R 25 GB 4X Write Speed

i haven't tried any other discs. i thought i had purchased some of the best in Verbatim.

It states:

Plextor's External USB PX-B310U BD Combo Super Multi Drive gives you an all-in-one solution for playing back Blu-ray Discs, while maintaining the capability of archiving data onto CD or DVD. The PX-B310U BD Combo Drive reads BDs at 6x, writes to DVDs at 16x, and writes to CDs at 48x. It comes bundled with Cyberlink's BD Suite for the ultimate in High Definition playback and CD/DVD authoring. With a Plextor drive and Blu-ray, you have a complete entertainment PC.

CyberLink BD Suite lets users do everything they want with video and discs: authoring and burning, data archiving, disc playback, slideshow creation, video editing, photo retouching, music ripping, label printing, and data burning. As a complete suite of CyberLink´s most comprehensive range of software, CyberLink BD Suite features advanced technologies for enjoying and creating the latest audio and video disc formats. The PowerStarter interface supports task-based operation of burning and creativity features, and provides an easy means to update and enhance products online.

What am I missing?

well i don't know what to look for i guess. i guess i assumed since it read and played blu ray and it obviously writes dvd's that it wrote blu ray discs as well. when i did a search for external blu ray units that wrote blu ray, this unit came up. i suppose i did not understand what i was getting. do you have any recommendations that are external, connect by USB, are reliable and not terribly expensive?? thanks

A 'combo' drive pretty much always means it reads more formats than it writes to.

A drive spec (even the shortened version) will always specifically mention that it writes to the best format it supports, if it does indeed support it. So if it writes to BD, it'll say it writes to BD... it may or may not also then say it writes to DVD and CD.

You won't get anything decent until they do a USB 3.0 one.

USB 2.0 just isn't quick enough for the speeds the latest BD writers are capable of (currently, 12x).

You might be able to find an enclosure that can handle USB 3.0 or eSATA, then you can just buy any old normal internal drive (Pioneer BDR-205 or an LG BG10LS30 for example) and put that in it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.