Burning Virtual image (such as ISO) from DVD drive or files

Hitman

I've been looking for an hour, but I couldn't find the way to burn .iso image from DVD... so later I could simply mount it on Deamon Tools :ph34r: .... also... does ImgBurn support burning such virtual images from files? :geek: ... if ImgBurn does not support such things... then where do I find a program that does? :blink:

You've lost me. Do you mean create an ISO from a DVD or burn an ISO stored on a DVD?

ImgBurn happily burns images from virtual drives. As long as the file format is supported, it doesn't care what medium the source is on. It would help if we knew what you were trying to do.

You've lost me. Do you mean create an ISO from a DVD or burn an ISO stored on a DVD?

ImgBurn happily burns images from virtual drives. As long as the file format is supported, it doesn't care what medium the source is on. It would help if we knew what you were trying to do.

Create an ISO from a DVD :rolleyes:

[edit] like copying DVD movie to movie.iso (virtual image), that would work exactly the same when mounted on Virtual Device :)

P.S. With DVD decrypter and "Virtual CD" I could burn a movie.vc4 (Virtual CD file)... but I would like to burn .iso, mds, bin ... or whatever image that has support from Deamon Tools

Edited by Hitman

AHH! Now I'm with you. ATM ImgBurn doesn't have this facility. The good news is that ImgBurn V2 will have........ sort of. It won't work with any copy protected material like the various DVD rippers available. As for suggesting software that can get around copy protection, I suggest Google. We can't discuss it here. Is there anything else we can help you with?

AHH! Now I'm with you. ATM ImgBurn doesn't have this facility. The good news is that ImgBurn V2 will have........ sort of. It won't work with any copy protected material like the various DVD rippers available. As for suggesting software that can get around copy protection, I suggest Google. We can't discuss it here. Is there anything else we can help you with?

Yes, if possible, I'd like to know about a program that can simply create .iso (.bin .mds etc.) from files.... that means: I select a folder, and the program creates virtual image that contains everything that was in that folder... or some kind of another mothod :unsure:

I'd really appreciate answer to this question ;)

Edited by Hitman

Without resorting to commercial software your best bet (until ImgBurn 2 arrives) is a freebie called Folder2ISO. It will scan the contents of any given folder and its subfolders to create an ISO image but it can't do *.bin files like VCD. I used to use this program now and then. Find it here:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Folder2Iso

EDIT: I have a nagging suspicion that Folder2ISO doesn't create compliant DVD images. It'd probably work fine as just an image file (for streaming to an XBOx, for example) but I probably wouldn't burn the created ISO onto disk.

• 7 months later...
AHH! Now I'm with you. ATM ImgBurn doesn't have this facility. The good news is that ImgBurn V2 will have........ sort of.

worked just fine :thumbup:

thanks a lot Shamus_McFartfinger!!!

I'll come back for ImgBurn v2 !! ;)

Well, I just came back to say that v2.x works just fine!!!! :thumbup: Thanks!!

I love happy endings too! :D

Edited by Hitman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.