Problem between Imgburn and Nero 10.5 HD Returns

bobmitch

I posted a few weeks back. Here is how the problem works. If I have Imgburn 2.5.5.0 on my hard drive AND Nero 10.5 HD Suite...I cannot burn DVD-R to my Pioneer BDR-205 using Nero Burning ROM. I can burn DVD+R with no problems. Also...with Nero Disc Speed 10, if I try to create a data disc to test write speed...I get a failure with message: ERROR! SCSI status 0. In order to fix Nero to work properly, I have to uninstall Imgburn. Then uninstall and reinstall Nero 10.5. Once I do this...Nero burns everything fine! The minute I install Imgburn again...the problem returns.

I know that in the past, it has been deemed that there should be no correlation to this issue. In the past...I always ran Nero 10.5 with v 2.5.2.0 with no issues. Once I upgraded to 2.5.4.0, the issue began and there is no turning back, other than to wipe my drive and install clean. Once I go back to 2.5.4.0 or higher...there is no going back. How can this be. Here are some system specs:

EVGA 3X SLI E758 motherboard with Intel i7 950

Two Western Digital 300 GB Velociraptors in RAID 0 with Intel drivers 10.1.0.1008 (most recent), on SATA 0 / 1

LG UH10LS20 on SATA 2 D:

Pioneer BDR-205 on SATA 3 E:

Here is the other odd part of this. None of the problems effect the LG drive at all. I can burn any media to it at all times. Normally the same with the Pioneer, except when Imgburn resides on the drive as well. I use Imgburn as the burn engine for DVDFab, and find the vso burn engine painfully slow with Blu Ray. Your software has always been great, until the past month or so. I am at my wits end trying to solve this issue.

BTW...here is how the issue with Nero Burning ROM happens. I load the DVD-R blank. Create a multisession disc...buffer loads very quickly, then writes lead in...light on drive goes black...Immediately writes lead out and fails to burn. Normally, buffer takes about 5 seconds to load...lead in...drive burn light never extinguishes...stays lit...and data writes...then lead out. I also tried one other thing. Installed Roxio 2011, which I have on my laptop. It burns everything on the Pioneer. Must be a different type of burning engine than Nero...to do that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks

Bob

Edited by bobmitch

Thought this would be better as a reply than to keep adding onto the thread. I just did something totally different and I can burn with Nero. I uninstalled Imgburn, then uninstalled Nero. Rather than reinstall Nero immediately, I reinstalled Imgburn...rebooted...and then reinstalled Nero. I am currently burning to a DVD-R with Nero Burning ROM AND writing a data test disc with Disk speed. I hope this is helpful...let's hope that this status doesn't change.

One final note...then I am going to keep testing. CD-R also failed as well. Seemed to be -R related...?????

Edited by bobmitch

Interesting sidenote:

I did the Imgburn install first...then reinstalled Nero. Worked for a minute. Then first burn with Imgburn went fine with DVDFab. Burned the disc and finalized...disc finished and ejected...and Imgburn didn't close. Had to ctrl-alt-del to get both Imgburn and DVDFab to close. Then did a second burn...went fine...including shutdown. Then did a third burn with a BD-R and all went well. Now tried to burn a DVD-R with Nero again...failure. Back to the same ole same ole. There is something obviously going on with these two programs. Right now...the trade off is that I can only burn DVD+R with my Pioneer...BUT...Imgburn works properly as the burn engine for DVDFab. This did not happen until the past month.

Oddly enough...Roxio 2011 will merrily burn away whether DVD-R; DVD+R or BD-R...whatever...

The issue has to do with something in common between Imgburn and Nero 10.5 HD...

Edited by bobmitch

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.