How to change format type?

amigenic

I often reuse DVD+RW media. When I use Imgburn to copy new data on a used disc, it tells me the disc needs to be formatted. Then it formats it the long way, taking a great deal of time.

All I really want is to erase the disk before copying new data on it. A quick format would do the same thing and either one would be quick.

I can't find settings to do this. Can someone please let me know how to fix this?

The problem is when you format in another program or the format was done previously by another program, the format was messed up and in order to solve, ImgBurn needs to do a proper format. Only format the discs in ImgBurn and you problem will disappear.

Mahalo nui loa (Hawaiian = thank you very much) for your fast reply.

Is there a command to format a disc on Imgburn?

I understand that it will format an RW when it finds data on it, but I can't find a command to format a blank disc.

The program knows when it needs to format/erase a disc though so it'll do it automatically when you try and burn something.

If you want to do it manually, the 'Erase -> Quick/Full' options are in the Tools -> Drive menu.

Or, right click the drive selection drop down box.

Or, click the little 'Erase' button that's in the 'Destination' box (bottom left of it) when you're in Write/Build (Device)/Discovery mode.

Thanks very much.

When in the main menu screen, Tools --> Drive option is inactive, both left and right click.

But I was able to get it in the Write option and managed to reformat the disc.

Your help and fast response is greatly appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.