Is an ISO same as an Image File?

javajava

Hello world,

My first post here at the ImgBurn Support Forums. I'm kind of embarrassed you know L. User and all. But I get usually less than an hour a day on the computer and as much as I would - and I do - love to read, I can't read it all.

I could use a hand on this. I've looked through (quickly) the documentation read through some of the forum guides and did searches that all ways came back negatory.

So I'm going to post and see if your answer is dripping with sarcasm.

I want to burn an boot image (.iso(?) of memtest to a cd. Now I'm sure my jargon is skewed - using the wrong words in the wrong places and please correct me if you must. I've read the instructions a dozen times >download the package> unzip the package> open imageburn> but that't where the words start to differ. Memtest uses the acronym iso - I cannot find that word in ImgBurn's files. When I google it !OMG! an image file is the same as an .iso or .udf so why when I click "write Image File to Disk" all I get is the files written to a cd. I'm not getting a boot image.

I know it something really simple that I'm not doing or something really stupid that I am.

Appreciate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.