Problem with Sony BD-RE 50Gb

rivaldovitor

Hello,

I'm a french user of ImgBurn and I've same problem with Sony's media. I use a LG BE06LU10 with the last firmware (YE05) for this test.

I use Sony BD-RE 50Gb with ID MEI-T01-001 and I have problem to burn Blu-Ray movies. Yet, on another disc (same brand, same id) I've no problem.

After watching the disc data given by ImgBurn, the only difference between a disc that works and one that doesn't work is "Disc Definition Structure". For a disc that doesn't work, it's indicates "Certified: Partially (In Progress - Full) (LVAP: 1048576". A disc that works, status is "Certified: Yes - Full".

I test to erase disc and I obtain "Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (99%, 0/4) - Format Command Failed" close to 100% (maybe 99%) like if he couldn't close a disc.

Is there a solution to my problem? I hope I was clear but I remain at your disposal for further information.

Thank you.

Sorry for my english

ImgBurn.log

Quick format it pointless, it just writes (zeros) to the first few hundred sectors - which you'd do in a normal burn anyway.

The full format is the one that needs to complete successfully. That's the one the drive performs all on it's own (for about 1.5 hrs) - until ImgBurn kicks in to zero all the sectors on the disc.

LVAP = Last Verified Address Pointer

So that would be the position on the disc that the drive got up to during the previous verification / certification (whilst performing a format).

Hello,

I continued my test with the full format and it failed.

However, I test the same media with an another burn software (DVDFab v8.0.7.3) and the task succeed (erase + burn).

After that, I test to erase disk with ImgBurn again and I obtain the same error as above (Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (99%, 0/4)).

Maybe an incompatibilty between the disk and ImgBurn? Yet other works.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.