Device not ready

LetumOstium

Ok this is whats happening i can load any dvd off the drive im trying to burn too but imgburn stating the device not ready (Medium Not Present - Tray Closed) where it supposed to say ready at it works sometimes if i click view file info or disk info but when it gets done burning it just freezes back up and says device not ready crap how do i fix this

this is my log

I 18:41:42 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 18:41:42 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 18:41:42 Total Physical Memory: 915,944 KB - Available: 437,820 KB

W 18:41:42 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 18:41:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:41:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:41:42 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B 0G08 (F:) (ATA)

I 18:41:42 -> Drive 2 - Info: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D GA01 (E:) (ATA)

I 18:41:42 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD±RW!

I 18:51:04 Operation Started!

I 18:51:04 Source Drive: E:\

I 18:51:04 Boot Image File: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\BootImage.ima

I 18:51:04 Creating Boot Image...

E 18:51:08 Operation Failed!

I 18:51:29 Operation Started!

I 18:51:29 Source Drive: E:\

I 18:51:29 Boot Image File: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\BootImage.ima

I 18:51:29 Creating Boot Image...

E 18:51:29 Operation Failed!

There are several things you can do to fix it...

Clean the drive with a cleaning disc

Buy different discs

Buy a different drive

i fixed the problem later that night

the ts-h552d has major problems inside of it, you need to flash the drive i got the file for the ts-h552d firmware but i dont know how to upload it so people can get to it you need to flash it with this f/w only no others will work and to make imgburn run more steady click off of verify and imgburn will run how it is supposed to as well

sry but i suck at punctuation

Did you actually find a GA02 (GA03 etc) firmware update? Don't flash with the wrong one or your drive may stop working.

Verify has nothing to do with it.

the firmware update is for ts-h552d ga01

actually verify fixed my number 1 problem once i clicked it off it started working and

not sure why clicking verify off fixed one of the issues but it did

the other issue was imgburn not recognizing my drive but once i flashed it with the file it worked fine afterwards

but the file is for ts-h552D gaO1 users only as i saw a lot of help searches for this peculiar dvd-rw drive

Edited by LetumOstium

You're missing the point.

If you break something and never use it again, is it not still broken?!

Having Verify enabled doesn't cause problems, it finds existing ones. Disabling it just means you don't know they exist in the first place.

A firmware update for the TS-H552D drive running GA01 firmware would in the form of GA02 or GA03 etc firmware (notice the last number has increased). If you've found something like that, please tell me where you found it because I'll add it to Firmware HQ.

We don't have any GAxx versions at the moment - http://www.firmwarehq.com/Samsung/TS-H552D/files.html

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.