default order in which files are burned to disc

shahar

What is the default order that files are burned to disc?

(I know about: ‘Tools -> Settings -> Build -> 'Sort Files By Source List Order', I need to know the default order)

This info is important to me (I burned music as data discs, heared & rated them in the car, and later realized I cannot know the order in which they were played and rated),

Thanks,

Shahar

Edited by shahar

Hi,

This is true for English letters & numbers, but not true for files' names with some non-English letters.

I checked this in several cars. Renaming the files & doing again all the work with the new names & order is a lot of work.

Therefore, I need to know the order files are physically burned on the disc.

Thanks,

Shahar

Edited by shahar

Using IsoBuster you can look at the disc and sort by LBA to see the order on the disc but as I said it will not help you.

Your player also could probably play them by tag order if it finds and able to sort them.

I don't think any player will follow the physical order from the disc, it will play them by tag if exists than by file name.

Again, your only option is to use numbers in front of the names.

Thanks a lot!!!

You were right, the order files are physical burned on the disc is not the played order.

Thanks to your reply, I re-examined the played order in car, and currently it seems to me that the (very) strange rule for it is: 1st played file is the 10th file (according names’ order), the 2nd played is the 11th (according names’ order) and so on.

For CDs with more than 100 files, then the 100th is the 1st, 101th is the 2nd, and so on.

Later the first files according names’ order are played.

I still don’t fully understand it.

In the future, I’ll use files' names as you wrote.

Thanks a lot,

Shahar

Edited by shahar

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.