Problems changing booktype.

The Prototype

Hi. Every time I try to change the booktype from dvd+r (selecting the dvd+r media) under the "change for" heading I get an error "Unknown (FAILED!)Invalid field in CDB". What is going on?

Here's my driver info: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4522b, manufacturer: LG. Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that's the burner you have? That's a CD burner and DVD reader, also known as a combo drive, and you need a DVD burner in order to booktype and burn DVDs.

By the way, ImgBurn automatically booktypes +R media to DVD-ROM on LG burners so you don't need to worry about it ;)

That is what it says on the program and just double checked with device manager to confirm. So, I wouldn't have to worry about it either way and can just go ahead and burn? Okay, but what was the initial problem that stopped it from changing the booktype?

Also, it won't let me burn now. It gives me a "device not ready(medium not present)" error. Any help? Here's my log:

I 23:03:12 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 23:03:12 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 23:03:12 Total Physical Memory: 515,568 KB - Available: 106,048 KB

I 23:03:12 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:03:12 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:03:13 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4522B 1.06 (D:) (ATA)

I 23:03:13 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by The Prototype

Would I be able to change the booktype for this one when burning?

The Pioneer DVR-118L, DVR-A18L, DVR-A18LBK, DVR-A218L, A218LBK and DVR-218L series of drives will automatically set the book type to DVD-ROM on DVD +R/RW when using original firmware.

So no need to do anything, it will be done for you.

Here are some old quality tables for that burner with various media. Look in the column for Pioneer DVR-A18L - that's your burner.

I had some issues to burn Verbatim +R DL with my burner, but a guy in Stockholm was more successful. I think I had a bad spindle when I ran the tests for that media.

media_07.png

media_08.png

media_09.png

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=12991

http://www.sweburn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=624

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.