File Opened as "Read Only" ??

Bobakabob123

I am new to this... So please forgive my learning curve(s). I just downloaded IMG Burn. My first test was to copy (burn) a file I will call home budget. It is a spreadsheet created using the program OpenOffice.org. IMG burn worked great fast and simple... But when I went to my computer/CD Drive/ file(home budget) the file opens fine, but it said it was a "READ ONLY" file. Why ?? That would prevent me from editing or adding any new data to the file "Home Budget" I also tried to open it via the program by opening OpenOffice.org first and it was still saying it was READ ONLY. Any help here??

OK, I went to read the "HELP" (Windows XP) "Format a DVD" and learned a thing or two. But I was left with this question... how do I proceed the CD-RW disc?? Do I use the DOS command and type D: (for the disc location) and then type "D:/ Format"?? Or is there a format command in ImgBurn program??

PLUS: would I be doing a so called "LIVE FILE SYSTEM FORMAT" vs a "MASTERED DISC FORMAT" And how do you differentiate this when doing a format...?? A bit confusing to me.

Edited by Bobakabob123

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.