directshow filters suddenly vanished

ezytouch

i am suddenly getting this message from ImgBurn:

"No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection."

the upper-class and lower class DS Filters are missing (according to ImgBurn) and so it will not read Cue Files.

none of my other media players/burners have any problem with FLAC.

Traders Little Helper, WMP, Creative Audio Source, and EAC are all working fine.

i have updated the drivers, updated Direct X, i have installed a new version of ImgBurn all in response to this problem, but ImgBurn still refuses to operate.

i don't get it >> can anyone please help?

update 2*

i have tried installing MadFLAC but i have no idea where to put the files. i have the same problem with other DS Filter packs, they simply extract to a folder and i have no idea where to put it.

FLACFronted is decoding FLAC okay, and my media players play them. why would my CUE sheet-related programs no longer recognise FLAC??

update 3*

just realised that i never had those filters in the first place; for some reason i was trying to burn the CUE direct from FLAC, when in fact i've always decoded first with FLAC Front End. what a waste of time!

trouble is, my dependency on Mandrax, Heroin, Crack and Apple Blossom has become so engrossing that i get freaked out when there's a new pirate Whitesnake CD to burn.

thanks for all your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.