Img Burn crashing Win 7 completely

gaucho

I am using ImgBurn 2.5.5.0 on Windows 7 64bit Home Premium system (ASUS Essentio).

I have used it for years with great success, with CDs, DVD-DLs, etc.

Recently I have tried to burn two small .iso images to Cd, and the program has hung at around 63% with no writing accomplished, and I cannot cancel, or get out of it. Task Manager can't stop it, with either stopping applications or processes. What results is a complete crash of the system, and the first one required a system restore. On the second event, I was able to do a restore and got the OS running again. I am terrified of using Img Burn again, and certainly won't until I have a COMPLETE backup image stored (I don't want to go there again, lol.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Hanging is most likely a drive/driver issue. You can't terminate ImgBurn.exe if it's waiting for an I/O command to complete, it isn't in control, the OS is.

I suggest you check for updated drivers/bios for your motherboard and any 3rd party controller the drive might be connected to (FYI, 3rd party controllers don't normally like optical drives).

Hanging is most likely a drive/driver issue. You can't terminate ImgBurn.exe if it's waiting for an I/O command to complete, it isn't in control, the OS is.

I suggest you check for updated drivers/bios for your motherboard and any 3rd party controller the drive might be connected to (FYI, 3rd party controllers don't normally like optical drives).

I agree. Here are some of the log data that I've gathered:

this:

---

The ElbyCDIO Driver service failed to start due to the following error:

This driver has been blocked from loading

-------

and this:

-------------

The program ImgBurn.exe version 2.5.5.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.

Process ID: 12d8

Start Time: 01cc05063211e2b5

Termination Time: 60000

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe

Report Id:

also several events concerning ElbyCDFL.sys being blocked as imcompatible.

I'll check on updating drivers, thanks. I just don't understand why all of a sudden this is happening. I've used ImgBurn on this system for quite a while.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.