Having a little trouble here

surfeagle

I have a dual boot system. XP and Win SBS 2008. It burns with XP, but not SBS2008. It is recognized in SBS and reads CD/DVD's. I have installed the media pack to support writing. ImgBurn doesn't recognize it.

post-40043-0-34095200-1309967172.jpg

Post your filter driver info please - using the feature in the Tools menu.

The program can see the drive fine, it's just not being allowed to use it - hence the 'Access is denied' message.

The 'media pack' is nothing to do with ImgBurn. It doesn't use it or care if it's on the system.

ty for the reply

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.5.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]

Upper Class Filter: [None Found]

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

It was the Desktop Experience not media pack. my mistake.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/windows-server-2008-how-to-burn-a-cd-dvd-on-ws2k8-r2.aspx

Try the DMA fix from the FAQ.

Uninstall the IDE/ATAPI controllers from within Device Manager and reboot.

Can I assume you are actually working on that machine directly and not using Remote Destkop / Terminal Services etc?

I'm not doing remote.

Do you have a link DMA fix from the FAQ? Or is it the faq in the forums about setting the BIOS DMA? Cause my Gigabyte x48-DQ6 doesn't have any BIOS settings for DMA, It must be auto only. The only setting I can find are clicking on the dvd drive in the standard CMOS Features screen after its found. Both "Extended IDE Drive (none or auto)" and "Access Mode (Large or Auto)" are set to auto.

In the Device Manager I deleted the CD ROM driver. Then looked at IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. I found in Advanced Settings the ATAPI Cdrom current mode set to Ultra DMA Mode 5 with "Enable DMA" checked below. The Drive Details are set to atapi.sys and ataport.sys

In that IDE Channel I then "Scan for hardware changes" it finds the Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1S ATA Device again, its set in Driver Details to cdrom.sys

The DMA fix in the FAQ that I mentioned is exactly what I then wrote on the line below.

i.e.

Uninstalling the drives or channels doesn't do anything/enough, you have to remove the entire controller and then reboot.

• 4 weeks later...

I looked into wiping out the default setting for IDE/ATAPI, and was not comfortable about it.

But I did find out how to burn. One has to login into the "Administrator" account. Not another Admin account "The" Administrator account.

Try the DMA fix from the FAQ.

Can I assume you are actually working on that machine directly and not using Remote Destkop / Terminal Services etc?

I'm not doing remote.

Do you have a link DMA fix from the FAQ? Or is it the faq in the forums about setting the BIOS DMA? Cause my Gigabyte x48-DQ6 doesn't have any BIOS settings for DMA, It must be auto only. The only setting I can find are clicking on the dvd drive in the standard CMOS Features screen after its found. Both "Extended IDE Drive (none or auto)" and "Access Mode (Large or Auto)" are set to auto.

In the Device Manager I deleted the CD ROM driver. Then looked at IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. I found in Advanced Settings the ATAPI Cdrom current mode set to Ultra DMA Mode 5 with "Enable DMA" checked below. The Drive Details are set to atapi.sys and ataport.sys

In that IDE Channel I then "Scan for hardware changes" it finds the Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1S ATA Device again, its set in Driver Details to cdrom.sys

Removing the controller entries is easy, you select it, click uninstall and then reboot. That's all there is to it.

Any admin account should have been fine.

Permissions are usually set on groups (i.e. 'Administrators') rather than users (i.e. 'Administrator').

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.